Over the years parents have asked what type of school supplies do I need to buy my child for school. The state of California has a "free public education", which means school supplies and individual text books are free. However, many students like to have their own personal supplies and be able to individualize them. In addition, we have found most students like to purchase some type of backpack to carry books and supplies between classes and to and from home. If you're interested in purchasing your child's personal supplies, below is a list of items most frequently used.
- 2 inch- "3 ring binder"
(Binder with "D" ring is best; binders with sections, pockets, or folders are not recommended)
- 8- Dividers labeled as follows: Notes for Parents, Homework, Work to Turn-In, Math, Language, Social Studies, Science, Electives
- Pencil/Pen pouch
- Blue or black pen - total of 2 pens (no gels pens)
- Two Pencils
- College-ruled binder paper - about 20 sheets
Also useful for students to use with iPads.
- headphones (there are class sets for students to use)
- stylus (also available in some classes for students to use)
- padded carry case